On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on Matthew 18:10-14. This message was part 3 in the “Relating to” series and focused on “Relating to the lost.” Below are a series of questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 18:10-14
- Describe a time when you lost something valuable to you. What did you do to try to recover that item? What does that experience teach you concerning the heart of God (in light of today’s passage)?
- What are some ways in which we are tempted to “despise one of these little ones”?
- Have you ever been involved in a conversation with another Christian about “what was more important: finding “lost people” or “discipling found people”? How does this passage (compared with Luke 15) help us to answer that question?
- Describe a time when you felt like the Lord was pursuing you through the testimony and encouragement of other Christians?
- Who is God prompting you to pursue and encourage today? Pray and ask God to bring to mind one brother or sister in Christ who may be “lost” right now? How can you show them God’s pursuit and love at this time?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.