On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on Matthew 18:1-6 and 19:13-15. This message was the first in the “Relating to _____” series, and talked about how the follower of Christ can relate to children. Below you will find a series of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 18:1-6; 19:13-15
- What are your thought regarding the statistic shared this morning, that 80% of people who trust Christ in America, do so before their 21st birthday?
- In what ways are children a great example of humility for the follower of Jesus?
- What is going on in your life right now that causes you to want to compare your life to the life of another Christian (for better or worse)? How does today’s passage encourage or challenge you to be humble (like a child) as you follow Christ?
- In what ways are you investing your life FOR the next generation following Jesus? What are some things you can do to invest more in this area in the new year?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.