On Sunday, December 23, 2018 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Luke 2:6-14, John 3:1-16 and 1 Peter 1:3-5. This message was part 4 of “The Christmas Carols” series and was also based on the carol, “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing.” Below are some questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew Luke 2:6-14, John 3:1-16, 1 Peter 1:3-5
- If “Charlie Brown” were to ask you “Can you tell me what Christmas is all about?” how would you answer him?
- The Angels declarations from Luke 2:10-14 serve as a summary of the Christmas story. How would you summarize their message in your own words?
- Imagine your WORST moment from the past 7 days. If Angels showed up in your room shining the glory of God at that moment, would you expect their message to be “good news of great joy” or some form of judgment? Do you know how to have peace with God ALL the time, that would allow you to long for His appearing?
- Have you ever heard the term “born again”? Before this morning’s message, what did you think the term meant? Have you been born again? If not, read John 3:15-16 again and consider the provision of God for your “re-birth.”
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.