This morning, December 9, 2018 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on John 1:1-5, 9-14 and the words of the Christmas hymn “O Come all Ye Faithful.” This message was part 2 in “The Christmas Carols” series. Below are a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read John 1:1-5, 9-14
- Jesus birth in Bethlehem was not His “beginning.” Have you ever considered this before today? What thoughts do you have about the Eternal nature of Jesus Christ?
- Have you ever imagined Jesus to be different in attitude from God the Father? If so, in what way? How does this passage address that idea?
- What are some of the reasons why you think people reject Jesus?
- Have you received Jesus in faith? If so, what does this passage tell us is true about you?
- What would it look like for you to come in faith and adore Jesus this Christmas season?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.