On Sunday, September 30, 2018, I preached a sermon at Wildwood Community Church highlighting the “4 Fors” as a part of “Looking Ahead” as a church. This message was the third installment in our 50th anniversary celebration. Below you will see a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- In Matthew 16:18b, Jesus says He is building His congregation. Though we often think of the “church” as a physical location (i.e. Wildwood is at 1501 24th Ave. NE), the church Jesus was building was a BODY that was alive! Therefore, church is not just a place you attend, but a life you live together with others. How do you primarily view church involvement? Attendance only, or something more?
- Think of your relationship with God over the past decade. In what ways has God grown you spiritually over that period of time?
- Who are 3 people in your “sphere of influence” that God wants you to reach with the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
- Have you considered hosting or co-hosting a block party in the next 6 months with Wildwood? Details: wildwoodchurch.org/blockparty
- Who are some missionaries you have had the privilege of praying for over the past 12 months? If you don’t know anyone to pray for, visit http://wildwoodchurch.org/global-outreach/ for ideas.
- How are you helping to pass along your faith to the next generation? Why do you think this is so important?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
Access these questions in pdf format by clicking here.