On Sunday, August 26, 2018 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 15:1-20. This message was part 3 of the “Sink or Stand” sermon series. Below are a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 15:1-20
- What are some of the human traditions that you have seen take priority over what God has declared in the Bible?
- In what way do you find a sense of “self-righteousness” in you based on your religious adherence to a human tradition?
- What would it look like to truly relate to God out of a pure heart, not just a religious responsibility? What would it look like to sing, serve, study, and obey “from the heart”?
- Jesus offers us a “new heart” when we trust in Him. Have you trusted in Him? How have you seen your desires change after trusting in Jesus?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.