On Sunday, August 19, 2018 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on Matthew 14:22-33. This message was part 2 in the “Sink or Stand” sermon series. Below are a set of questions related to the message for group discussion or personal reflection.
- Read Matthew 14:22-33
- Have you ever felt isolated from others and God because of your circumstances? Can you relate at all to what the disciples might have been feeling while on the Sea of Galilee straining against the wind and waves?
- Does it encourage you to know that Jesus is aware of your situation and is praying for you? Why or why not?
- What does it mean today that Jesus is “with us always?” Any idea what that might mean for us today?
- What are the “waves” that Jesus is calling you onto today? How can you keep your eyes fixed on Him as you walk upon the waves?
- The only One who can be with you always and empower you for the life you were created for is the God who created you. Remembering that, take a moment and express your worship to Jesus Christ for who He is!
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.