On Sunday, June 17, 2018 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23. This message was part 2 in the “Like” sermon series. Below you will find a set of questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 13:1-9. 18-23
- Look at Galatians 5:22-24. What does a “fruitful” life look like according to those verses? Does your life have as much of this “fruit” as you would like?
- In the Parable of the Sower, Jesus talks about 4 different types of “soil” representing different people. Think for a moment about about your life right now. Which soil do you think best represents your life concerning your response to God’s truth?
- Which of the 3 “enemies” spoken of in today’s message (Evil One, World, and Flesh) do you struggle with the most typically? Which one is most trying to steal Christ’s fruitfulness in your life right now?
- What are some of the characteristics of a heart that is “soft” (i.e. the Good Soil)?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.