On Sunday, May 27, 2018 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 12:33-50. This message was part 5 in the “First Responders” series. Below you will find a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 12:33-50
- What are some kinds of things that you typically DON’T respond to (junk mail, telemarketers, etc.) What kinds of things do you feel like you MUST respond to? When it comes to responding to the Person of Jesus Christ, do you feel the need to respond to Him?
- According to today’s verses, how we respond to Jesus matters. What are the consequences at stake for how we respond to Him?
- In what way do your words reveal your heart about things in your life? What do your words tell you about what you believe about Jesus?
- Have you ever asked God for a “sign” to reveal to you that He is real? What does Jesus say about the most important “signs” that He gave the world to confirm His identity?
- Jesus concludes this section by pointing out the need to invite Him INTO our lives, and then follow Him. Have you done this? If so, when? If not, why not?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.