On Sunday, April 22, 2018 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 11:20-30. This message was part 2 in the “First Responders” sermon series. Below you will find a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 11:20-30
- Have you ever seen an event happen that needed an immediate response (car accident, medical emergency, etc.) Who first responded? What do you think prevents some people from responding in these types of circumstances?
- Jesus desired for the people who witnessed His earthly ministry to respond to Him. In what ways do you see people (including yourself) fail to respond to the person of Jesus Christ today?
- 21st century Americans have an incredible wealth of “revelation” at our disposal about the person of Jesus Christ. Brainstorm some of the ways Americans today know about who Jesus is. What does Jesus say is expected of people for whom much revelation is given?
- Have you “come to Jesus” for your salvation rest? If so, think of some of the benefits that trusting Christ for your eternity have brought to your life. If not, what is keeping you from coming to Jesus today?
- In what areas are you resisting “walking with Jesus” in your life today? What is preventing you from submitting to His will in different areas of your life? How would walking with Jesus bring “rest” to your everyday life?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.