On Sunday, March 25, 2018 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Mark 11:1-11 and Zechariah 9:9, 14:1-5. This message was a part of our Palm Sunday celebration. Below are a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Mark 11:1-11, Zechariah 9:9, 14:1-5
- Brainstorm a list of things you know about Jesus from His life and ministry (as recorded in the Bible). How does this evidence support His assertion that He was the Son of God?
- In what ways did Jesus win “peace” during His earthly life and ministry? In what way is our world still in need of peace?
- On Palm Sunday, Jesus rode down the Mount of Olives on a peaceful donkey. When He returns to the earth, He will be riding a war horse (Revelation 19). What are you most looking forward to about the promised “second coming” of Jesus? What are you most fearful/concerned about regarding His second coming?
- Jesus offered His life as a sacrifice for our sins on the cross. Have you trusted in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins? If so, when? If not, why not?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.