On Sunday, March 4, 2018 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon that was part 4 in the “Relationship Status” series. This message focused on a “third option” couples can embrace when they experience challenges in their marriage. Below you will find a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Have you personally (or have you known friends) who have experienced a great challenge in their marriage, and the only options assumed where stay married and be unhappy or get divorced and start over? What are the biggest obstacles you see to the “third option” mentioned today (building the marriage you want with the person you are committed to)?
- In what ways is marriage harder than you expected it to be (if you are married)? In what ways do you think the biblical passages on marriage in Matthew 19:1-12 and Ephesians 5:22-33 show marriage to be hard?
- What are some of the ways you have seen your personal sinfulness come out during your married life (if you are married)?
- How does God’s grace, demonstrated through the finished work of Jesus and the giving of the Holy Spirit, give you hope in the midst of your marriage (if married) or for your future married (if single and hope to one day be married)?
- What are some ways that you can start building today for the marriage you want tomorrow?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To sign up for the “Art of Marriage” Event held April 6-7 at Wildwood Community Church, click here.