On Sunday, February 25, 2018 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon (alongside Bruce Hess) focused on a number of questions related to divorce, remarriage, and human sexuality. This message was part 3 in the “Relationship Status” series. Below are a set of questions related to this message for further reflection or group discussion.
- When you think of the topics of divorce and remarriage, what questions do you have? Do you think that the Bible is a reliable source of information about how to navigate these topics?
- What stands out to you most about what the Bible teaches about divorce and remarriage?
- In what ways have your eyes or your appetite misled you in the past? How does this interact with Genesis 3:1-ff. and the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden?
- In what way have you seen sexual sin be BAD for people? For yourself?
- Isaiah 53:6 states that “All have gone astray” on one topic or another. This reminds us that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Yet God has placed the “iniquity of us all on Him (Jesus).” Have you trusted in Christ for the forgiveness of your sin? If so, how does this truth provide freedom for you in light of the topic discussed in this morning’s message?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
Also, to access the Wildwood position paper on Marriage, Family, Divorce, and Sexuality, click here.