On Sunday, November 5, 2017 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Ephesians 2:8-9. This message was a part of our celebration of the 500 year anniversary of the Protestant Reformation. Below you will find a set of questions related to the message for further reflection or group discussion.
- Read Ephesians 2:8-9
- This morning, it was mentioned that our presence in heaven is a reminder of God’s grace — a trophy of God’s grace. In what ways is God glorified by saving sinful people like you and me?
- Even the faith we employ to receive the grace God gives us is a gift from God. Take a few moments and list the “gifts” God has given us in Christ. Then take a few more moments and thank God for His grace toward us.
- What are some ways that the brilliant truth of the Gospel have been obscured in your life or in the world around you?
- What are some ways that people try to have their works be the means by which they receive God’s grace?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.