On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 9:35-10:4. This message was part 5 in the “Follow” sermon series. Below are a set of questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 9:35-10:4
- How do you see the compassion of Jesus demonstrated in today’s passage? How do you see the compassion of Jesus demonstrated in the lives of those you know today?
- To what degree does the compassion Jesus has for the lost motivate and drive you to share about Jesus with others?
- Think of an area of the world that seems particularly “lost” to you. Could be a place in your own city, in the nation, or a foreign country. Take a few moments and pray that God would send laborers to that area to help connect people to Christ.
- Have you ever considered yourself a person who is “sent” by Jesus into a particular Harvest Field? How would understanding this change the way you look at your life?
- Do you know anyone currently who is serving Jesus in a foreign field? Take a moment to pray for those folks.
- Do you feel the Lord calling you to take the Gospel to a new “field”? If so, where?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.