On Sunday, August 20, 2017 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 8:18-34. This message was part 2 of the “Follow” series. Below are a set of questions related to the sermon for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 8:18-34
- What are examples from your own life where something much smaller has eclipsed your desire to follow Jesus?
- What is some of the cost you have endured because you are following Christ? Think about Christians around the world today. What are some of the challenges they face BECAUSE they follow Jesus?
- What are the current circumstances in your life that are preventing you from having peace? How does knowing Jesus is “in the boat” with you change things?
- What are some areas in your past or present where you choose your “pigs” over following Jesus? How does this illustration help you see the folly of that decision?
- Forgiveness is available in Christ! Hope is available in Him. Let’s fall at His feet and not allow anything in our lives to stay eclipsing the Son for long.
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.