On Sunday, August 13, 2017 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 8:1-17, 9:1-8. This message was part 1 in the “Follow” series. Below are a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 8:1-17, 9:1-8
- As you look at your schedule/plans for this fall, are you feeling excited? Overwhelmed? How does your walk with God factor into your life plans this fall?
- What were your first thoughts of Jesus, the first time you learned about Him? How have those thoughts changed over the years? Do you find yourself more drawn to follow Him today or less drawn to follow Him? What has led to the change?
- What are ways in which you KNOW you NEED Jesus today? How do you express this need to Jesus on a regular basis?
- What are some of the reasons why God does miracles (as demonstrated in today’s Scripture passage)? Have you ever seen God do a (what you would consider to be) a miracle today?
- How does remembering that Jesus is God help encourage you to FOLLOW HIM this year?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.