On Sunday, July 30, 2017 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message entitled “Celebrating New Life.” This message was based on 2 Corinthians 5:14-17 and preceded the baptism of 13 individuals! Below are a set of questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:14-17
- Why do you think we so delight in celebrating “new things”?
- What do you think Paul means when he talks about “new life” in Christ?
- Are you dead and dying, or have you “died” (by identifying with Jesus’ death) and received new life?
- Who are you living for? Yourself? Another person? Jesus?
- Have you traded the “old you” for “new life” in Christ? If so, when? If not, why not?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.