On Sunday, July 2, 2017 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 6:25-34. This message was part 9 in the “Sermon on the Mount” series. Below are a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 6:25-34
- When was the last time that you were feeling anxious? What were the causes of your anxiety?
- Jesus makes several statements in these verses about why anxiety does not make sense for the Christian. What were some of the arguments He makes. Do you find them convincing? What questions do you still have about the topic of anxiety?
- Have you ever been really anxious or worried about something that did not ever really happen?
- Jesus indicates that faith in the Father provides power to help people through anxiety. Have you ever experienced a time (or seen someone else go through a time) when their faith in God helped give them peace in an otherwise worrisome set of circumstances?
- What would it look like for you to live life today the way you want to be living when Christ returns? What would need to change to make His Kingdom concerns your top priority?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.