On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on Matthew 5:17-48. This message was part 3 in the Sermon on the Mount series. Below are a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Matthew 5:17-48
- If you “took your faith public” after last Sunday’s message, what did you do? How did it go?
- Have you ever thought that it is easier to be a Christian than to be an Old Testament Jew? In what way is this true?
- What do you think Jesus meant when He said that He came to fulfill the law not abolish it?
- What are ways you have seen others (or yourself) try to “relax” God’s standards? How do you see Jesus “deepen” our understanding of God’s standards?
- When was the last time you confessed your sin to God? If it has been a while, take the time to do it now. Know that there is forgiveness for those who are in Christ Jesus!
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.