On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 5:11-16. This message was part 2 in the “Sermon on the Mount” series. Below you will find questions related to this message for further reflection and group discussion.
- Read Matthew 5:11-16
- I made a statement early in the message today – “Jesus did not come simply to educate us, but to activate us.” What comes to mind when you hear that idea?
- Have you ever experienced persecution for your faith in Jesus (at any level)? What are some stories of persecution that you are familiar with?
- We are commanded to rejoice when persecuted. How can a believer in Christ do such a thing?
- Do you practice a visible or an invisible faith? What evidence would your friends and neighbors have of your relationship with Christ?
- What is one way you can “go public” with your faith this week?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.