This morning in the sermon at Wildwood Community Church, we focused on Matthew 5:11-16. These verses detail for us both what we can expect from the world (persecution), but also what the world can expect from us (rejoicing, impactful, and visible lives).
In the message (you can access the sermon audio online here), I mentioned a number of ways Wildwood (as a church) is involved in shining as light and serving as salt in our world. Below are a list of links for how to get involved with these ministries going forward:
- Eden Clinic (Crisis Pregnancy Center) –
- Young Lives (Ministry to Teen Moms) – Still in the early stages . . . stay tuned for more details!
- Care Portal (Helping meet the material needs of Foster Kids in the Norman area) – contact Lisa in the church office (405) 329-3939 to find out how to get involved.
- Latvian Orphan Camp (June 2017) – Contact Bruce in the church office for more details on how to pray for this trip.
- Nicaraguan Mission Trip (July 2017) – Contact Jonathan in the church office for more details on how to pray for this trip.
- Food and Shelter for Friends (cook and serve meal on second Friday of each month)
- Kennedy Elementary School Partnership (Teacher support and student mentoring)
- Also . . . help us share Christ with kids in our community through Vacation Bible School this summer. Click here to sign up!
- These are all just representative of the many opportunities for us to be salt and light. You don’t have to wait to be a part of an organized program to “go public” with your faith and point others to Christ.
“Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” – Jesus (in Matthew 5:16)
I concluded the message by challenging all to “take our faith public” this week by serving someone new. If you take a step in this direction this week . . . LET ME KNOW ABOUT IT! Email me at email@example.com , or comment to this post and let me know how you have been salt and light this week.