On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 2:1-12. This message was the third part in the “Coming of the King” series. Below are a set of questions for personal reflection or group discussion based on the message.
- Read Matthew 2:1-12
- What do we know about the “Magi”? Why are they unlikely attenders to Jesus first birthday party?
- (TO THOSE WHO ARE NOT FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST): Have you ever given an excuse for why you are not a Christian? (TO THOSE WHO ARE FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST): Have you ever given an excuse for NOT sharing the Gospel with someone because you assume they will never believe it? In what way does the story of the Magi encourage you to remove your excuses?
- D.A. Carson says, “Formal knowledge of the Scripture, Matthew implies, does not in itself lead to knowing who Jesus is.” In what way do you think this statement is true?
- How are you putting into practice the truth that you understand from the Scriptures?
- What is an application you have taken from today’s message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.