On Sunday, September 25, 2016, I preached a sermon based on Romans 13:8-10 at Wildwood Community Church. This message was part 1 in the “Walk in Love” series. For questions for group discussion or personal reflection related to this message, see below:
- Read Romans 13:8-10
- What one word would you use to describe the lives of Christians? What are some of the words you would anticipate others using? How do you want Christians to be known?
- We are not to view people as something we can GET something from, but as someone we can SERVE (and love). How do you struggle with applying this truth?
- Ultimately, love is not just an emotion, but it is an action. If we love someone, we seek their best, not hurt them. Think of some of the foundational relationships in your life. What are some ways you can love those people better?
- How has God taught you and empowered you to live the life of love He has called you to? What would it look like for you to trust Christ to love others through you with HIS love this week?
- Any particular applications stand out to you from this passage?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.