On Sunday, May 1, 2016 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message on Romans 8:18-25. This message was part 5 in the “Spiritual Life” Series. Below are a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
Sermon Discussion Questions:
- Read Romans 8:18-25
- What are some of the areas of your life where you currently are experiencing suffering or hardship? How “light” or “momentary” do those experiences feel to you?
- In what way is our hope for tomorrow “Not worth comparing” to the suffering we are experiencing today?
- Have you ever stopped to consider the physical evidence of sin’s effect on this world (all creation groans)? What are some of the ways in which you see the creation around us “groaning” under the effects of sin’s curse?
- What are some of the ways in which you personally groan today under the effects of living in a sinful/fallen world?
- What does it look like for you to live in hope and patience today while you wait for tomorrow?
- What stood out to you most from this message/passage?
To download a pdf copy of these questions, click here.