On Sunday, March 20, 2016 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Mark 11:1-11. This message focused on the Triumphal Entry of Christ and helped celebrate Palm Sunday. Below are a set of questions for personal reflection or group discussion related to the message.
Sermon Discussion Questions:
- Read Mark 11:1-11
- Do you have any strong memories of “Palm Sunday” growing up?
- Jesus’ Triumphal entry into Jerusalem occurred precisely 69 x 7 years after the decree was signed to rebuild Jerusalem in 444 BC (see Daniel 9:24-27). Jesus’ presentation in Jerusalem was “right on time.” What does this tell you about God and His timeliness? Have you ever felt as though God was “late”?
- Jesus’ actions in Mark 11 show a lot about His true identity. In this morning’s message we talk about His power, His knowledge, His authority, and His divinity. What stood out to you most about Jesus from Mark 11:1-11? (NOTE: the triumphal entry is one of the only events recorded by all 4 Gospel writers . . . this was a very significant moment in Jesus’ life.)
- There are a number of significant parallels to see between Jesus first and second coming. Compare Mark 11:1-11 with Revelation 19:11-21, Zechariah 14:4, and 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17. What stands out to you most about these comparisons?
- Any particular applications you took from today’s message?
To download a pdf copy of these questions, click here.