On Sunday, November 8, 2015, I preached a message on John 4:20-26 entitled “In Spirit and Truth” at Wildwood Community Church. Below are a set of questions for further reflection or group discussion related to the message.
Questions for Reflection:
- Read John 4:1-42
- Do you ever struggle with trying to find the right “formula” for your Christian life or search for the perfect worship venue, service, pastor?
- In the first century, people were fixated on some of the “how to’s” of worship (as Jesus conversation with the woman at the well reveals). What was her particular hang up as it related to worship?
- In your own words, what was Jesus teaching regarding worship in John 4:20-26?
- I made a statement today about worship . . . that worship is a response to revelation. This idea was anchored in John 4:22. What do you think this means for you today?
- Jesus encouraged people to engage Him in “truly spiritual” worship. What would it look like for you to worship Jesus in a “truly spiritual” way?
- Ultimately, Jesus shifts our focus from the “how” of worship, to the “who” of worship in 4:25-26. How does knowing who Jesus is and what He has done for us connect us to a real and vibrant worship of God?
- What stood out to you from today’s message?
NOTE: The audio from this message will be posted at wildwoodchurch.org/listen as soon as it is available.
To download a pdf format of these questions, click here.