On July 26, 2015 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based out of 1 Peter 4:12-19. This message was part 8 in the “True Grace” sermon series. Below are a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection and group discussion.
- Read 1 Peter 4:12-19
- Have you ever experienced any persecution for your faith in Christ?
- Why should Christians “not be surprised” when persecution comes their way according to this passage?
- What would it look like to rejoice while experiencing persecution? What kind of a perspective would you have to have to be able to praise God in the midst of such a trial?
- How does the fate of those who do not know Christ motivate you to endure the temporary trials of life today?
- Have you “pre-decided” to follow Christ no matter what? Why or why not?
- In what way is God the best “bank” in which to entrust our souls (4:19)?
- What is causing you to be anxious today? How can you draw encouragement from entrusting your soul to your “Faithful Creator” today?
- What stood out to you most from today’s message? Any applications you walk away with?
To access the entire “True Grace” study, click here.