On Sunday, February 15, 2015 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached part one of the sermon series “Passion Road.” This message was based out of John 1:35-51. Below are a set of discussion questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read John 1:35-51
- Who are you following? (To help answer this question reflect on this: Whose approval do you most seek? Whose advice do you always follow? Whose opinion matters most to you?)
- The disciples of John the Baptist left following a good man (John) to follow the Son of Man (Jesus). Why do you think they made this decision? What would it take for you to start following Christ more than some of the other “good” influences in your life?
- Who are you? Have you ever asked that question? Thinking, “Who am I that God could us me?”
- How does the example of Andrew from John 1:40-42 encourage you to invite your friends to meet with Jesus as well?
- This morning I said, “You are who Jesus says you are.” What are some of the things that Jesus says about you that you find it hard to believe?
- Who is Jesus? How would you answer this question? Is your understanding of Jesus based on how Jesus revealed Himself in history (as recorded in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in the New Testament) or something else?
- Any particular application you are taking from this passage?