On Sunday, January 18 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached part 2 of the series “In the Beginning,” focusing on Genesis 3:1-12, Romans 5:1-2, and Romans 12:4-5, 15. I have posted here a set of questions for further reflection or group discussion.
- Read Genesis 2:15-17 and 3:1-12
- Based on your understanding, why did God put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil INSIDE the Garden of Eden? What was His intention?
- What factors contributed to Adam and Eve’s initial sin? In the message we mentioned 3 factors that contributed to that sin. Can you name them?
- What factors contribute to us sinning today? Do you see any parallels with the story of Adam and Eve?
- What were the consequences of Adam and Eve’s sin related to their relationship with God? What were the consequences of Adam and Eve’s sin related to their relationship with each other?
- What are some of the consequences of sin in human relationships today?
- According to Romans 5:1-2, how has Jesus mended together the separation between people and God created by sin?
- Do you have peace with God? Why or why not?
- According to Romans 12:4-5, 15, Christians are placed within the same body. This shows a unity that sin disrupts. How does this give you hope as you relate with others in the Body of Christ today?
- Do you feel as though you have a sense of community in your life today? Do you feel connected to the Body of Christ? Why or why not?
- Any specific application from this message today for your life?