On Sunday, January 11, 2015, I preached a message at Wildwood Community Church entitled “In the Beginning (part 1).” This message was based out of a variety of verses from Genesis 1-24. Below are some discussion questions for personal reflection or group discussion:
- What is the place that God prepared for Adam and Eve in Genesis 1?
- What made Adam and Eve “special” in light of the rest of creation (see Genesis 1:26-27)?
- What are some of the evidences of God’s blessings on Adam and Eve in Genesis 1:28-ff?
- In what way does sin disrupt God’s place, people, and His people’s experience of His privilege? (see Genesis 3)?
- In what way do you see God’s promise to Abraham in Genesis 12:1-3 as connected to God’s original intentions for humanity?
- In the message, we saw how Abraham only saw hints of the blessings God promised during his earthly life. How does Abraham respond?
- Do you see anything in Abraham’s life that encourages you to worship God NOW, in light of what is NOT YET (Yet promised by God)?
- What stood out to you most from this message? Any particular applications?