On Sunday, December 28, 2014, I preached a message at Wildwood Community Church based on Acts 1:6-11 entitled “When Do We Adore Him?” This message was part 5 in our “O Come Let Us Adore Him” series. Below are questions for group or personal discussion/reflection.
- Read Acts 1:6-11
- Are you ever tempted to “pack away your faith” like you pack away your Christmas decorations?
- Right before His ascension Jesus commissioned His disciples to be His witnesses throughout the world. What do you see as the significance of His specifically mentioning Jerusalem, Judea/Samaria, and the ends of the earth?
- Why do you think the Spirit’s arrival was necessary BEFORE the disciples began their public ministry?
- What are some ways you can allow the Spirit to help you be a witness for Christ among your normal network of relationships (your Jerusalem) in 2015?
- What are some ways you can allow the Spirit to help you be a witness for Christ outside your normal network of relationships (your ends of the earth) in 2015? (For some ideas for how to get involved in world outreach in 2015 visit http://wildwoodchurch.org/global-outreach/ )
- In what ways does the future reign of Christ encourage you today?