On Sunday morning, December 14, 2014, I preached a sermon at Wildwood Community Church entitled “Adoring Him” and based on Luke 1:46-55. Here are a few questions for personal reflection or group discussion based out of today’s message.
- Read Luke 1:46-55
- What are some of your favorite Christmas songs?
- What do you notice about the Christmas song Mary wrote in Luke 1:46-55?
- In this song, Mary magnifies (or enlarges) her understanding of the Lord — i.e. she makes the Lord large in her life. She does this by reflecting on a few characteristics of her God. What are the characteristics of God that Mary focuses on in this song?
- What are some ways that you can magnify the Lord in your own life?
- Mary describes herself as blessed. Why is she blessed? Does the song give us any indication?
- Do you view your spiritual blessing as a result of your work or God’s mercy? What are some of the implications of how you answer that question?
- Are you trusting in Christ for your eternal salvation? Why or why not?