Small group (or personal) discussion questions related to the sermon “Packed: Part 1.” This sermon was preached at Wildwood Community Church on Sunday morning May 18 and centered on Ephesians 1:3-14.
Small Group Discussion Questions (Ephesians 1:3-14)
- Read Ephesians 1:3-14
- This passage points out that our God is a God who blesses us. What is some evidence from everyday life of God’s blessing? Can you think of any evidence that makes you question God’s blessing of people?
- Paul says that God’s blessing is extended to those “in Christ.” To the best of your understanding, what does it mean to be “in Christ?”
- The kind of blessing that God has given to those “in Christ” is spiritual (“every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.”) How do these two clarifiers (“spiritual” and “in the heavenly places”) help you to better understand how God has blessed us?
- Of the many specific blessings listed in this section, which one do you most need to be reminded of today? Why?
- By mentioning predestination in 1:4-5 & 11, Paul is pointing out that God’s blessing of us was an intentional decision of His. Further this decision to bless us came “before the foundation of the world.” What are the implications of this declaration that He chose to bless us before we were even born?
- Take some time to worship God today, thanking Him for the ways He has blessed us in Christ.
- Any particular application you took away from this passage this week?
For more resources related to this section of Ephesians click on the following links:
- Packed – Series Introduction
- Eph. 1:3-14 (Study Prompts #1)
- Eph. 1:3-14 (Study Prompts #2)
- Eph. 1:3-14 (Study Prompts #3)
- The “In Crowd” (Devotional/Sermon Preview)