On Sunday, January 21, 2018 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Jeremiah 29:1-14 and Acts 19:1-41. This message was part 2 in the “For” series and focused on our opportunity to be “FOR Norman.” Below you will find a set of questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Jeremiah 29:1-14
- The Jews are in exile in Babylon and reluctant to really “settle in” and live their lives. Jeremiah tells them that they are to dig in and live out Genesis 1:28 because they will are there for 70 years. In what way are you ever tempted to NOT invest in your current surroundings because you think your time here is short? What would it look like to really begin to invest in the welfare of the city where you are planted?
- Interested in opportunities to unpack your bag and invest in the welfare of our city? Text: outreach18 to 95577 to get a monthly update.
- Scan Acts 19:1-41
- What happens when the Gospel enters Ephesus? What would happen in our city if thousands of people were to place their faith in Jesus Christ?
- Think back to last week . . . who can you share the Gospel with this year?
- What is one particular application you took away from these passages/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.