On Sunday, December 21, 2014, I preached a sermon at Wildwood Community Church entitled “Who Adores Him?” This was part 3 of the series “O Come Let Us Adore Him” and was based out of Luke 2:8-20. Below are some questions for further personal or group discussion.
- Read Luke 2:8-20
- Why do you think the Lord sent the angels to the shepherds on that first Christmas night? (i.e. why not send the angels to the priests or builders?)
- Why do you think the shepherds afraid when they saw the angels in the sky?
- Have you ever considered what you would do if you were to come face to face with God, or one of His angels?
- If you were to die tonight and immediately go into the presence of the Lord, would you be fearful of what He would do with you (why or why not)?
- The angels told the shepherds that Jesus birth was “good news of great joy for all the people.” Why was Jesus birth such good news?
- Have you ever come to the person of Jesus and exchanged your fear for His peace? Have you ever come to receive His life and forgiveness?
- The shepherds adored the birth of Jesus by glorifying and praising God (they seem to be quite demonstrative in Luke 2:20), while Mary worshiped in quiet, treasuring these things in her heart (2:19). What does this tell you about what genuine worship looks like?