This morning at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message from John 1:14-18 entitled “The One We Adore.” This message was the first in a five part series entitled “O Come Let Us Adore Him.”
In order to facilitate further reflection, application, and discussion of this week’s primary Scripture passage, I have prepared these questions for group or individual use.
John 1:14-18 Questions
- Read John 1:14-18
- Do you think God REALLY wants us to know Him? Why or why not?
- Jesus is described in John 1 as the “Word.” Based on what you heard in this message, and what you have understood from other biblical study, what do you think is meant by calling Jesus the Word of God?
- Jesus not only reveals God to us, but He moved into our world and lived among us to make it infinitely clear what God was like. What does this tell you about God’s desire for us to know Him?
- Jesus reveals both grace AND truth according to this passage. Why is it important that He reveals both? Do you tend to discount the truth or grace of God in your life? Which do you tend to discount the most (His truth, or His grace)?
- Jesus is also shown to be a giver (someone who provides waves of God’s grace to us as seen in 1:16). Do you tend to view God as a giver (i.e. someone who gives good things to us) or a taker (someone who wants to take away our joy, fun, etc.)? Why do you view Him that way?
- Have you ever received the grace that Jesus has offered you (through His death on the cross), or are those gifts still wrapped under the tree? What is stopping you from receiving His gift of eternal life today?