On Sunday, June 1, 2014, I preached a message based out of Ephesians 2:1-10 at Wildwood Community Church. Below you will see a list of questions for group discussion tied to this sermon.
Small Group Discussion Questions (Ephesians 2:1-10)
- Read Ephesians 2:1-10
- Have you ever thought that salvation “by grace through faith” was too good to be true? Have you ever known someone that felt the Gospel was a spiritual hoax . . . that God would never be so gracious toward sinful people?
- Do you view your spiritual needs as partial or total (as it pertains to salvation and pleasing God)?
- In Ephesians 2:1-7, God is the subject. God is the one who is acting to bless those who are in Christ. This underscores the notion that God is the initiator and completer of the work of our salvation; that He is doing for us in Christ what we cannot do on our own. In this passage, God is said to “make us alive,” “raise us up,” and “seat us with Christ.” In your own words, what do you think those things mean? Is there any particular encouragement that you are gaining today because of these promises in Ephesians 2:4-7?
- Has there ever been a time when you have placed your faith in God’s gracious offer of salvation through Christ? If yes, when did you first trust in Christ? If no, what is keeping you from trusting Him?
- God has re-created us in Christ to live a life of good works. The kind and nature of these good works are spelled out for us in the New Testament. We can do so many other things with our lives (like sin and indulge our sinful desires) but that is not what we were created for. Think of an area of sin struggle for you. Do you really believe God has re-created you in Christ to live a different course than our temptations suggest? What would it look like for you to live a different course in Christ today?
- Any particular application you took away from this passage this week?
For more resources related to this study of Ephesians click on the following links:
- Packed – Series Introduction
- Eph. 1:3-14 (Study Prompts #1)
- Eph. 1:3-14 (Study Prompts #2)
- Eph. 1:3-14 (Study Prompts #3)
- The “In Crowd” (Devotional/Sermon Preview)
- Packed Sermon Discussion Questions
- Packed #1 Sermon Audio/Video
- Eph. 1:15-23 (Study Prompts #1)
- Eph. 1:15-23 (Study Prompts #2)
- Eph. 1:15-23 (Study Prompts #3)
- It’s a Wonderful Christian Life (Devotional)
- Packed #2 Sermon Discussion Questions
- Packed #2 Sermon Audio/Video
- Eph. 2:1-10 (Study Prompts #1)
- Eph. 2:1-10 (Study Prompts #2)
- Eph. 2:1-10 (Study Prompts #3)
- Unbelievable Offer (Devotional/Sermon Preview)