Hello friends. Tonight, I want to try something different. I know that many of you are reading these updates and faithfully praying for the requests placed herein. We are so thankful for that! Tonight, however, I wonder (if you are comfortable) if you would comment on this post by typing out a short prayer to God regarding this situation. I say this in order to have a virtual prayer meeting with all who are still up this evening.
In my life, I learned to pray largely through prayer meetings held in David and Hazel Kirchman’s living room, prayer meetings in the Lambda Chi house in college, and Wednesday night prayer meetings at Wildwood. Hearing my brothers and sisters in Christ pray has taught me so much about how to communicate with our heavenly Father. I know so many are praying on their own . . . let’s try it collectively this evening.
Some specific prayer requests:
- Pray for continued kidney function for Kimberly and Angie with no set-backs. Things are going well in this area now, pray that they continue.
- Pray for both Kimberly and Angie’s digestive tracks to get back in order after major surgeries last week.
- Pray for no infections or complications.
- Pray that Kimberly would not experience any rejection of the new kidney.
- Pray for Kimberly’s trach, that there would be no problems with it and that it would be able to be removed soon.
- Pray for Kimberly’s overall health. She is on heavy immuno-suppression medication. Pray that she does not catch any illnesses.
- Pray for full healing for both Kimberly and Angie from surgery.
- Pray for Angie’s children and our Josh that they would do well during the time of their mommy’s recovery.
- Pray for Kevin and I as we help our wives through the recovery.
- Pray for Kimberly’s parents and my parents who are at work helping us in big ways through the recovery.
- Pray for God to receive glory and praise through this endeavor and that we would all know Him more as a result of this season of life.
There you go! Thanks for praying!
Dear Lord, thank you for all You are doing at this time in our lives. We pray your continued work in protecting Kimberly and Angie during their recoveries . . . In Jesus name, Amen.